Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:03:01 +0800
From:      "David May" <David_May@allsolutions.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Q] Problem configuring User PPP NAT options.

I have a FreeBSD server connected to the Internet and my
own private network.  I have added a dial-up line to connect
to another private network using User PPP.  The remote PPP
server allocates the local and remote IP addresses when the
link is up and the addresses are static.

Unfortunately the the remote server assigns IP addresses
which conflict with public addresses assigned to well-known
institution.  Other hosts on the remote network also conflict.

I have already used the "enable nat" option but that does not
prevent the local and remote addresses assigned by the remote
PPP server  from appearing in my routing table.

Can I somehow use the NAT features in User PPP to solve this
problem? An example would help.