Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 01:05:26 +0100
From:      se@FreeBSD.ORG (Stefan Esser)
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        se@FreeBSD.ORG, joed@telecom.ksu.edu, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wine12[15-22]96

On Jan 1, asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) wrote:
> If there is a really FreeBSD-specific change that can't be caught by
> the BSD macro, you can just #include <osreldate.h>, which gives you a
> macro __FreeBSD_version.  This macro is defined to be (roughly) the
> year/month of the particular release, for instance, 2.2R has this as
> 199701 while -current now has 199702.

Thanks! I knew it existed, but didn't know the name, and could
not find its definition in any of the header files I checked.

(BTW: The LDT checks were softened in both -current and 2.2 at
the same time, so only 2.1.6 is different ...)

> For more details, please take a look at the handbook, in "Contributing
> to FreeBSD" -> "How to contribute" -> "Porting an existing piece of
> free software" -> "Before starting the port".

Ahemm, before starting the port ?
Well, I guess it is too late, now ;-)

Ok. I'll take (another) look!

Regards, STefan