Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 1995 12:37:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      peterg@znet.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems Installing On An EIDE Controller

I have been having problems properly installing FreeBSD on my system. Since I'm
a new-comer to UNIX, please excuse any dumb questions.

My configuration is as follows:
EIDE Controller
WD Hard Drive (1.2 GB) - WD0
Conner Hard Drive (518 MB) - WD1

I'm installing FreeBSD onto WD1. I have created a partition for all of WD1 and
created three slices on this partition:

/    - 20MB
/usr - 458MB
swap - 40MB

Each time I run install, it recognizes the partition on WD1, but it doesn't see
a root slice installed on it. When I select label, it sees 3 slices but it
doesn't see the mountpoints for root (/) and user (/usr).

I've installed with the BootMgr, and when I reboot my system and select the BSD
drive, I'll get the Boot prompt. At this point, if I try to do anything, the
system will hang. I've tried entering a "?" to get a list of files, but get the
same result.

What am I doing wrong?