Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:58:32 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator: syscall statfs64 not implemented?

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 22:43 +0200, Divacky Roman wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 02:02:50PM -0400, Paul Mather wrote:
> > Since updating my -CURRENT system circa 16th August I'm getting an error
> > like this when my daily Tivoli backup runs:
> >
> > Aug 20 02:18:50 zappa kernel: linux: pid 768 (dsmc): syscall statfs64 not implemented
> >
> > I don't know whether this is a -CURRENT problem or a problem with
> > linux_base-fc4, but I lean towards the former because the same nightly
> > backup setup I'm running on a 6.1-STABLE system runs without problems.
> >
> > I recall a discussion about merging Linux 2.6 kernel support into HEAD
> > around the time I updated.  Could this be related to that?  Here is what
> > I have for my Linux compat sysctls:
> >
> > compat.linux.oss_version: 198144
> > compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2
> > compat.linux.osname: Linux
> >
> > Is anyone else having this "syscall statfs64 not implemented" problem?
>
> yes, everyone. statfs64 syscalls is not implemented.
>
> I might implement if its important and you are willing to test. it should be
> quite trivial but I need the testing.

I guess I might be missing something subtle, here.  Is there some kind
of rewrite-from-scratch of the Linuxulator going on at the moment,
because obviously the statfs64 syscall used to be implemented (until
recently) in the i386 Linux kernel compat code, but now it has vanished?
(Your response above makes it sound like it never was present at all.)

Nevertheless, because it seems like statfs64 is vital to having the
Tivoli Storage Manager client work (it just hangs around and the backup
fails without it), then I figure at least I consider it "important" and,
yes, I'd be willing to help test. :-)

(Working backups are a good thing.:)

Cheers,

Paul.