Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 16:55:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        phrotos@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: How to set-up java on the profile of FreeBSD and how to comp

On 04-May-99 phrotos@email.com wrote:
> Could you tell me please where I can set up all the PATH on FreeBSD
> ?.

It's either in /usr/local/jdk1.1.5 or /usr/local/java.  I'm pretty sure
the package is installed as /usr/local/java

> Also I want to set up somethings on FreeBSD like the soundcard and
> the modem, both of them are Plug and Play. I can use isapnp tools on
> FreeBSD or I can configure them on the ker!

You need to build a custom kernel with the pnp0 device, then you can
configure them with the kernel when you boot.

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9