Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2017 00:00:51 +0200
From:      Edwin Ancaer <eancaer@gmail.com>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing ICU ports on freebsd 11.0

Jan,

thanks for looking into this.

I also found 25M for icudt58l.dat
[edwin@ottopedi ~]$ pkg info -l icu | fgrep icudt | xargs du -Ah
 25M    /usr/local/share/icu/58.2/icudt58l.dat.

Before coming to the FreeBSD list, someone on the GNUstep-list checked my
code, and it worked out OK for him.
The difference we saw was that he had a libicudata.so.55.1 of 25M, so we
supposed there was some ICU-issue.

Now maybe his version (55 I presume) was working differently than mine
(59), or generated without the  --with-data-packaging=archive, and it is
that that causes the problems for GNUstep.

Is it worth trying to build devel/icu without this option, or would that be
a bad id?

Kind regards, and thanks for looking into this?

Edwin