Date:      Wed, 6 May 1998 14:19:02 -0500
From:      "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Gunnar Flygt'" <flygt@sr.se>
Subject:   RE: Multi serial port support

There are many flavors of Digiboard cards... The "dumb" cards,
"COM4", "COM8" work fine (we use em here).  Be sure to read the
manual for setup.

The "smart" boards, "COM8i" and it's descendants have drivers for
both SCO and SVR3/4 as you have noted (BTW, SCO *is* SVR4!), but
AFAIK, there is no FBSD support for these.  I would also be wary
of porting the drivers over to FBSD, as these cards were notoriously
unreliable (at least the COMi series was...)

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org

There is a Multiport Interface adapter with 4 - 32 com ports,
named DigiBoard. Is there any support for this device in FreeBSD?

I know that DigiBorad have own drivers for SCO UNIX and System V
Release 4. Can any one of these be used?

--
regards, Gunnar
email: flygt@sr.se