Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 1999 20:30:18 -0700
From:      Chris Tubutis <tubutis.chris@tci.com>
To:        "N. R.R." <robalama@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with ftp problem

"N. R.R." wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I FINALLY got a ppp connection, even though I have to do it manually
> with
> term and not through ppp.conf.  Although my problem is with FTP.  After
> establish my connection I hit <alt>-<f2> to switch to another terminal,
> login, and then type   ftp://username:pass@yada.yada.yada and this is
> what
> I get back
>
> ftp: ftp yada.yada.yada : Host Unknown
>
> I cant seem to get telnet to work either.  I know I am connected, but I
> am
> trying to get into my schools account and then get a Netscape browser
> downloaded.

Could you try it the normal way and see if it works?  e.g.

$ ftp yadda.yadda.yadda

Connected to yadda.yadda.yadda.
220 yadda.yadda.yadda FTP server (SunOS 5.6) ready.
Name (yadda:chris): username
331 Password required for username.
Password: (not echoed)
230 User username logged in.
ftp>

Then do the normal cd, dir, bin, get, etc....

chris