Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:01:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Blake Freeburg <blakef@mrdata.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with ucd-snmp on 3.1...

Hello,

  I have been trying to use the snmpd (ucd) version found in the ports
(3.5.3) as well as 3.6.  Wondering if I have missed anything, because if I
try (using the straight compile and generated Example.conf with network
modified to mine...) I get the following... Is there some kernel options I
need to add?

  Sorry if this is the wrong list, just not sure where to put it...
Blake

# ./snmpstatus door local
Error in packet.
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
This name doesn't exist: system.sysDescr.0

Error in packet.
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
This name doesn't exist: system.sysUpTime.0

Error in packet.
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
This name doesn't exist: ip.ipInReceives.0

Error in packet.
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
This name doesn't exist: ip.ipOutRequests.0

[216.61.45.1]=>[(null)] Up: 0:00:00
Error in packet.
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
This name doesn't exist: interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOperStatus

Interfaces: 0, Recv/Trans packets: 0/0 | IP: 0/0