Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 16:03:47 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>, David Shanes <dshanes@personalogic.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Voice/Fax on FreeBSD

Sure , I am  more than happy to give a demo at the next SF meeting.
The system also supports caller ID and I have a simple script which
includes the ID in the subject line:

To: hasty
Subject:  Call From [ 4053090436 ]
From: voice-operator

I modified the phone number to protect the innocent 8)

Additionally, I had a small mod to mgetty to pop up a tcl/tk app which
displayed the current number and logged the call: phone number plus time.

My main task at the moment is to come up with an end-user package which
a user can modify easily and try to add voice extensions to Hylafax .

Next level, should there be any interest is to  provide support for
a voice recognition system. There are several hardware vendors
so my usual task is to locate a friendly one and then code up to their
hardware API.

	Turning FreeBSD boxes into house appliances: TVs, Radios, Phones .. 8)

<yes there are hackers out in -multimedia listening to radio with their
 Bt848 cards >

	Amancio