Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:10:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@freebsdsystems.com>
To:        JMS Internet <webmaster@jmsinternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: unable to delete a file

Hi,
Have you tried to install tkdesk? (it's in /usr/ports/x11-fm).
I have had the same thing happen. In text mode (non Xwindows) you have to put
either " or ' to the beginning and end of the file. Like
rm 'Start Menu' or rm "Start Menu"

with a program like tkdesk, the file shows up in a file manager box and you
hightlight and delete.

lnb

On 07-Apr-00 JMS Internet wrote:
 Someone has logged into my system via anonymous FTP and uploaded a
 directory or file of a large size which I can not seem to delete either via
 FTP or telnet.  The complete name as listed by 'du' is:
 /users/ftp/incoming/   .x  /for JUSTiSO/by KradLrobR/   (file of some type
 here)
 When I try to cd to this directory I get:
 cd: Too many arguments.

 Anyone's help would greatly be appreciated.
 Thank You,
 Jason Scott

Lanny Baron,
Master FreeBSD Administrator
Date: 07-Apr-00
Time: 03:10:59

While it may be true that a watched pot never boils, the one you don't
keep an eye on can make an awful mess of your stove.
		-- Edward Stevenson