Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:56:28 -0700
From:      Jack Wang <jackw@level1.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jackw@scom.level1.com
Subject:   do i need to compile for FreeBSD and how to wrtite new device driver

Hi All:

I just purchase the FreeBSD package from cdrom version 3 and install to my

PC system , where rigth now I can do ls , pwd , regural commands.

My next question is do I need to compile the Kernel , I'm trying to

write a new device driver for FreeBSD OS can you direct to me of how to do it

or where I can find the procedure to do it

I'm a new FreeBSD developer person I have no knowledge at all of FreeBSD

Thank You