Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:36:06 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "Justin R. Miller" <incanus@codesorcery.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5-release -- how often do ISOs change?

Justin R. Miller wrote:

> Said Giorgos Keramidas on Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 08:06:21PM +0300:
>

>>The ISO images that are under the 4.5-RELEASE directory are never
>>updated after a release comes out.  4.5-RELEASE should always be the
>>same ISO image that the original release has been made with.
>>

> Maybe someone can help me out then... I have a 4.5-RELEASE system, and
> I've seen security bulletins that say to upgrade to either 4.5-RELEASE
> or to STABLE/CURRENT at a point on the branch after the fix.  How will
> "upgrading" to 4.5-RELEASE help me if it's the same thing?

The notices are usually talking about the fixes being in RELENG_4_5,
which is the release plus security fixes. You can also upgrade a
4.5-release by adding the patches.

I follow -stable, which is RELENG_4. It also contains other upgrades
and fixes not deemed to be security related.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA