Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:13:47 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Jason Schwab <freaker@thuntek.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two Modems At Once..

> People,
>
> 	What would happen if ya where two use two modems at once
> like two dailups to two diff isps... or something? How would the bandwith
> and stuff be used? Please xplain some what in detail.. thanks

You're really better off buying a book to learn about this sort of
stuff.

In brief, you can currently have only one default route, so if you
make two connections, you'll have to decide on what you want to route
where.

There is a multilink option available too - where a single ISP will
allow you to make more than one connection and ppp itself does the
mux/demux side of things.

Of course there's also Luigi's dummynet stuff which I know nothing
about....

Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;