Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:28:40 -0800
From:      Peter Losher <plosher+freebsd.org@plosh.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Opera for FreeBSD

(Apologies for the late response, but I wanted to get this answer in the
archives, and I am now catching up on my -stable mail...)

On Monday 04 November 2002 12:03 pm, Dave Cantrell wrote:

> Yeah, but if you *bought* the linux license to run under emulation, you
> still have to *buy* the FreeBSD license, now that they finally got it
> native.  For me, I'm switching to konqui (KDE).

A clarification, like you I have a Linux license (as well as a Windows; I
really do like Opera)  What I did is "upgrade" the license for US$15 to
convert my Linux license to FreeBSD.  Since I have had my Linux license
for over a year, paying $15 for letting Opera know I use FreeBSD and will
support Opera natively on FreeBSD is good value for money, IMO.

Hopefully soon there will be a opera-sharedqt port, since I use KDE, I can
take advantage of the AA support I have compiled into my QT install, and
makes Opera look just as good as the rest of my KDE setup :) (I still use
Konq for my IPv6 web browsing, so it still has a use) ;)

Best Wishes - Peter
--
plosher@plosh.net - [ http://www.plosh.net/ ]