Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 01:24:29 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Astonishingly stupid question

"Rodney W. Grimes" wrote:

> Only if they are running a new enough version of FreeBSD :-)

If it is not new enough for the man page, it probably doesn't have
the init thingy either.

> Also no place in the 3.2 man page for loader.conf to I see anything
> that talks about how to cause the kernel to load a differenct /sbin/init.

Well, it does require checking loader(8) for what variables can be
changed... :-)

Or you can just see what's available in /boot/defaults/loader.conf.

> Remeber he wants to replace init, not the kernel!

Yeppers.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."