Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:42:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'make world' dying in sbin/atm/atm

Bruce Evans wrote:
> This belief is not mistaken in the usual self-hosting case.  It is mistaken
> in the cross-compile case.  Switching to elf requires some cross-compiling.

It _is_ mistaken in _this_ case, because the problem is that a new header
file had not been installed by a previous make world. So the "installed
tools & headers are good enough" rule for NOCLEAN did not work. IMHO,
NOCLEAN is causing too many feet to get shot off! We need to find a way
to restart a failed make world without the simple-minded NOCLEAN. I prefer
completion targets, but I'm sure they won't pass the Bruce filter. 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137