Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:23:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Icecast

Hi,

just got icecast running. I modified icecast.conf a little bit and saved
it as ~/icecast.conf, and started it by typing icecast in ~. It runs on
moritz:8000.

Modified shoutrc.example, the password, and copied it to ~/.shoutrc.
Then: shout moritz -b 24000 -r -p wawa.m3u . 24000 is the bitrate of the
mp3 files in wawa.m3u.

Now: xaudio http://moritz:8000 , it runs without end...wow and well:

What is the exact name of the URL ? Like http://moritz:8000/default.mp3 .

What should I try next ? Is there an easy way to test livecast with wav
files, how to use it live ? I think the audio driver on 4.0 R doesnt
support it yet ;-) Hope I can do this all on one machine, with 24000
bitrate, which seems fair for modern modems and has enough quality for me.

H.