Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:10:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@citec.qld.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel debugging and page faults

Hi,

We are getting an unacceptbale number of "panic: page fault" reboots. I am
assuming the problem is hardware (seems to be the consensus from the
archives) but to investigate further I have enabled core dumps etc. When I
try a "gdb -k" here's what happens:

# gdb -k /sys/compile/MYKERNEL/kernel vmcore.4
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
IdlePTD 2588672

kernel symbol `gd_curpcb' not found.
(kgdb) where
No stack.
(kgdb) q

Is this a gdb (version) problem or what? The archives revealed two people
asking this question and no answers.

Colin