Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2014 20:54:49 -0800
From:      Jason Helfman <bsd-src@helfman.org>
To:        Lampros Chaidas <lamproschaidas@aol.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Possible typo on doc/handbook/ports-using.html ?

> On Feb 9, 2014, at 4:49 PM, Lampros Chaidas <lamproschaidas@aol.com> wrote=
:
>=20
> Hi there,
>=20
> I was just reading through the documentation for getting the ports collect=
ion with the subversion method and noticed the following in "Procedure 5.2. S=
ubversion Method" - the link is http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-us=
ing.html
>=20
> "If the ports tree is not available,      Subversion can be installed as  =
    a package:
> # pkg install subversion
> If pkgng is being used to      manage packages, Subversion can      be ins=
talled with it instead:
> # pkg install subversion"
>=20
> It looks like it's the same command in both situations - this looks redund=
ant to me, is there a difference here that maybe I'm missing?=20
>=20
> Thanks,
> - Lampros

Both statements are true, however I believe this can be reworded and condens=
ed.=20

I'll put together a patch.

- jgh=