Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:27:04 -0500
From:      David Powers <dnpowers@swbell.net>
To:        'ScaryG' <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>, 'Benjamin Krueger' <benjamin@macguire.net>
Cc:        tomdean@speakeasy.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: DMS limited to UDMA33, non-ATA66 compliant cable error msg

 So is there any difference at the back the hard drive? where the cable
connects? or is this just a fancy cable.

No difference on the back of the disk drive.  The cable is an 80 conductor,
40 connector cable.  If I recall the additional conductors or wires in the
cable are used for grounding to allow the faster data transfer.  I cannot
recall what the grounding in the cable is, if anyone knows, does it just
reduce internal crosstalk on the cable?

---