Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:18:00 -0500
From:      Edmond Baroud <SoHo@admin.fido.ca>
To:        "Scott A. Moberly" <smoberly@karamazov.org>
Cc:        Edmond Baroud <SoHo@admin.fido.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atapicam in 4.8-PRERELEASE

Quoting Scott A. Moberly (smoberly@karamazov.org):
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:20:46PM -0500, Edmond Baroud wrote:
> > Hello Scott,
> >
> > Sorry I'm writing to you directly.
>
> No problem.
>
> > I'm affraid you misunderstood my question;
>
> Nope I think I got it.
>
> > > %camcontrol eject cd0
> > > ejects my LG cdrom
>
> due to atapicam in your KERNEL config
>
> > > and %mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
> > > also mounts the LG cdrom.
>
> due to atapicd in you KERNEL config
>
> > the question is that I am supposed to control my CDRW through cd0 right?
>
> When using atapicam, yes.
what do you mean? booting with a kernel that has option atapicam ?

> > and not be able to eject my "regular" CDROM.
>
> Incorrect, acd?c is still available with atapicd in the kernel config
>
> > however, my cdrom is being detected at boot time as cd0, shouldnt cd0
> > be my CDRW?
>
> Yes; however, acd0 will also be seen in your dmesg.  Not a problem, like I
> said in a previous post as long as you access only one of the devices, i.e
> /dev/acd0c or /dev/cd0 at a time.  You can remove the atapicd to minimize
> this risk, of course.
>
> Hope this is a little more clear.
thanks for taking the time Scott :) but I still can't get the image..
I am aware that acd?c still shows up in my dmesg because I have both options in my kernel.
let me make this less painful :)..
how, what is the command that I can use to eject/load my parallel device, which shows as:
cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 1 lun 0
cd0: <LG CD-ROM CRD-8521B 1.00> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 16.000MB/s transfers
cd0: cd present [183123 x 2048 byte records]

I dont see any signs in my dmesg that says "CDR/CDRW. I dont know, I'm a bit confused here..
I've seen already other people's dmesg, and it shows their CDRW in dmesg

thanks again for ur time! :)

Ed.

--
Edmond Baroud