Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 01:27:03 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdisk headache

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> > Right now, there are three reasons to still call it ``dangerously
> > dedicated'':
> >
> > . Since the MBR is identical to the BSD bootstrap, there's no room for
> >   things like `nextboot' after the MBR, and you can't replace the MBR
> >   by fancy things like a boot selector.

> This is evil.

You consider it evil -- some (many?) others don't.  See the first
sentence above: it's called ``dangerously'' dedicated mode.  It's just
for those who want and love this way.  Those who prefer fighting
against braindead 1024-cylinder or foobar megabyte limits are free to
do so, and we even do them the favour to make these struggles (i.e.,
the DOS-compatible way) the default variant.

--
cheers, J"org