Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 13:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Terry Lee <terryl@CS.Stanford.EDU>
To:        Howard Lew <hlew@genome.Stanford.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mosaic 2.5 Green

> > OH.  I just tried it with X in 8 bpp.  Works fine.  I guess the question
> > is now, what's the problem in 16 bpp?
> >
> > > I just downloaded NCSA Mosaic from the incoming folder.  For some reason
> > > all the graphics including the earth icon are a shade of bright green.
> > > I'm using XFree86 3.1.1 with S3-928 video in 16 bpp.
> > >
> > > Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?  Netscape is working fine.
> > >
> > > advTHANKSance
>
> Yeah.  NCSA Mosaic 2.5 does not seem to support 16bpp.  But the Mosaic
> 2.5 binary for BSDI claims to support it.  I tried using BSDI`s binary
> of Mosaic 2.5 on FreeBSD 2.0 Snap 3/22, but it just dumps core.

Is a BSDI binary available at NCSA?  I didn't see it last time I looked
for it.

Dumps core huh?  Jordan, BSDI compatibility?  :)

Thanks for the info.

All the best,

Terry

I N T E R N E T        Terry Lee, Technical Director
D E S I G N            745 Stanford Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94306
G R O U P              415 424 0747 voice    415 424-0751 fax
http://www.mall.net    terryl@cs.stanford.edu    http://www.mall.net/terry