Date:      Thu,  6 Aug 1998 15:32:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte.lance@gmx.net>
To:        "Jose Megias Sanchez" <jms@caja-granada.es>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: some questions about X11

Jose Megias Sanchez writes:
 > 	I have install FreeBSD 2.2.5 from walnut creek cd-rom and I have the following questions:
 > 	1.- How can I setup the default x-window manager?. I have
 > installed twm, fvwm2 and fvwm95, my home directory has a .xinitrc and
 > running xdm. Always I connect the system use twm.

Have a look at ~/.xsession

Blurb from "man xdm":

       Then  xdm runs the Xsession script as the user.  This sys-
       tem session file may do some additional startup and  typi-
       cally  runs the .xsession script in the user's home direc-
       tory.  When the Xsession  script  exits,  the  session  is
       over.

The system-Xsession file is in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/

So at least you could have solved it on your own, by just reading the
manpage.

 > 	2.- Where can I get xload and xbiff for the success load of
 > fvwm95 and fvwm2?.

/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-contrib/

Malte.