Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 2008 00:52:23 -0400
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   latest drm patches

--=-UyR3bT9Zp+poqaXmomXB

I have made new patch sets for both -CURRENT and -STABLE.  They are
located at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-update-7-100108.patch.bz2
http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/drm-update-8-100108.patch.bz2

Note that if your are using RELENG_7, you will need to be very current.
i.e. on or after 2008-09-29 16:20:13 -0400.  CURRENT should be at least
2008-09-20 15:56:02 -0400.

This is a re-sync to git master, which seems to address many of the
issues with the intel chipsets < 965.  I'm still not certain exactly
which change fixes them unfortunately.  This update contains a lot of
code cleanup and is post gem merge (no, we don't have gem support).  It
should prove much easier to read the code now.  A lot of thanks goes to
vehemens for that work.  I have adapted the code to use cdevpriv for
tracking per open file data, which is the reason that you need really
current bits to use this patch.  That alleviates the old ugly hack that
we used to try and accomplish the task and helped to clean up the open /
close behavior a good bit.  This also replaces the hack that was put in
place a year or so ago to prevent radeons from locking up with AIGLX
enabled.  I have had a couple of radeon testers report that it still
works as expected, though I no longer have radeon hardware to test with
myself.  Other various fixes from the linux crew and Intel, many of
which are muddled in with the gem merge.

I am planning to push this into CURRENT pretty soon, possibly even
sometime tomorrow once I have a chance to discuss with a few others.

robert.

--=-UyR3bT9Zp+poqaXmomXB

--=-UyR3bT9Zp+poqaXmomXB--