Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:11:06 +0200
From:      Sebastian Kutsch <freebsd-questions@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   private subsubdomains

Hi,

I want to setup subsubdomains to reach individuell PC's in my LAN from
the Internet without portmapping.
I habe got a ADSL line using ppoe to conect to my ISP getting a public
IP on the tun0 interface. Using the no-ip service I have got a subdomain
of the form my.domain.com. ppoe and the no-ip daemon are running on
a saperate machin with FreeBSD 4.7 functioning as the network
gateway/router wich is conected with dc0 to the ADSL-modem and with rl0
(192.168.33.1) to the LAN. What I want is to do is reach an individual
PC from the Internet by using a subsubdomain of the form
pc1.my.domain.com.
I have configured bind 8 running on my gateway so that I can reach the
PC's in the LAN from within the LAN by using i.e. pc1.my.domain.com.
But trying to reach a PC from the Internet conects me to the gateway.
By reading the Handbook and man-pages I have not got a clue how to
resolve this problem.

thx

Sebastian

--