Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 01:30:13 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        <nomad@netrail.net>, <neo911@bellsouth.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Alcatel SpeedTouch USB modem driver

I'm certain our Tel$tra could teach yankee telcos a thing or three about
how to rip-off clients ... even though the present heirarchy learned many of
their tricks from previous CEO Frank Blount (yeah .... he used to run
something or other in the US).  We don't get ADSL connections for free, the
initial setup cost varies from around $AU180 (18 months contract) to $AU350
(3 month contract), plus between $AU80 / month ("unlimited" 256k) and $AU140
(1.5Mb). They make pretty good money out of the connection fee ... mine took
all of 15 minutes!!!!