Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:36:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   C++ problems

I cleaned up my /usr/lib and /usr/include file of stale headers/libs left
after the libstdc++ upgrade (maybe this should be in src/UPDATING??), and
now any port that uses C++ & autoconf fails to configure...

checking if STL implementation is SGI like... no
checking if STL implementation is HP like... no
configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install
libstdc++-devel ?"

However, the configure script WILL succeed if I manually run configure
with the same options (grabbed from ps). Weird... Anyone have some
thoughts on this? It's a little annoying :)

--
          Wesley N Morgan                       _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \