Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:28:53 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Starting a daemon

I'm a little confused when it comes to installing software that runs as
a daemon. For instance, I'm going to run bftpd, so I did a make && make=
 install
from /usr/ports/ftp/bftpd, and it seemed to install fine. How do I know if
I need to do anything to start the daemon upon reboot? Where do I look?
Or where do I add a line to start it? Do I put a line in inetd.conf?

--
Jonathan Arnold             (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
The Incredible Brightness of Seeing, a Home Theater weblog