Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:27:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "David B. Aas" <dave@ciminot.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newbie help with firewall/IP aliasing

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, David B. Aas wrote:
> I am a FreeBSD newbie. I am trying to install a firewall with IP aliasing. I
> am walking tru the FreeBSD book, and it does not work!
>
> I am using FreeBSD 3.1 from the Walnut Creek CD ROM. I have successfully
> recompiled the kernel (after only 3 tries!), and I have 2 NICs in my
> computer, one plugged into a hub connected to an ADSL Internet hookup, and
> the other hub plugged into a separate hub for my network.
>
> Can I get help from anyone? Thanks in advance.

Probably.  But you'll need to tell us what the problem is.

In addition, send the output of
# ipfw -l
# netstat -in
# netstat -rn

and your rc.conf settings for

firewall_enable
firewall_script
firewall_type
natd_program
natd_enable
natd_interface
natd_flags

defaultrouter
static_routes
gateway_enable
router_enable

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com