Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 18:57:16 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Review of mdmfs port

Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net> writes:
> Dima Dorfman wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Please review the attached (short) port of mdmfs
>
> 	Review number 1, the distfile is fennerized. :)

No, the second (before variable expansion) URL in MASTER_SITES works
fine.  I was just too lazy to scp it to freefall beforing sending that
e-mail.  It's there now (freefall:~dd/public_distfiles/mdmfs-20010529.tar.gz).

> But, before you commit the
> port please reconsider my offer to put this into the base directly, and

I don't object, if that's what you're asking.  I proposed this back in
February, and again a couple of days ago, albeit indirectly.  It's
others who have a problem with it.  Personally, I think some of their
points are valid.  However, someone has yet to come up with a better
idea, so this is probably the least of all evils.

If you want to try to convince the others and bear the possible
bikesheds that might erupt, I'll gladly commit it to the base and see
to it that it stays in working shape.  (As an aside, if it does end up
in the base it should *not* be called mount_*; we can make a link to
mount_mfs to it, but that shouldn't be its primary name.)

> have /etc/rc* call it as needed. It's about 50-50 whether the "bloat" is
> worth it, but when it comes down to it it's pretty much a wash because
> you'd have to include basically the same code to create the md /tmp anyway.

This program is probably a little more than that; it supports all the
options the old mount_mfs did, including the useless ones, for
backwards compatibility.  Of course, that's not necessarily a bad
thing :-).

Thanks,

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org