Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 10:12:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      daniel B <danielb@pacex.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Multiple NICs in one subnet

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On Tue, 11 May 1999, daniel B wrote:
>

> > Realy need help on this one;
> >
> > My network topology:
> >
> > [ DSL router ]---[ fbsd firewall ]-----[  DNS/SMTP/HTTP machine ]
> >                 ep1             ep0

> here's what i did:
>
> compile a kernel with bridging support (options BRIDGE),
> take off the IP from "ep1", put an ip on "ep0",

Ok; but how do I implement firewall rules to to enable/disable packet
transmission through ep1 if it does not have IP of it;s own?

> enable bridge: sysctl -w net.link.ether.bridge=1
> make sure the ep1 <-> DSL router is on a single cable,

OK; I can use crossover UTP cable

> hook up "ep0" to a hub/switch with the rest of your network on it.
>
> note: ep1 shouldn't have an IP address

One last question: Is the default router for the inside lan and the
firewall the same? right now the default router is the DSL router itself
Don't need to run routed on the firewall machine, do I?

Thanks
Dan