Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:59:31 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patch: p4tcc and speedstep cpufreq drivers

On February 17, 2005 04:33 pm, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Apologies.  I found 2 bugs, one was not calling cpufreq_register()
> and the other was that the code to detect acpi_perf (in ichss and
> est) was incorrect.  I've committed fixes for that and have updated
> the patch. Please ues this version and test again.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't do anything on this laptop.  :(

Toshiba Satellite A60, BIOS 1.80C
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz (2800.11-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf29  Stepping = 9
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE
,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
ACPI APIC Table: <INSYDE APIC_000>

Without CPU_ENABLE_TCC in the kernel, nothing shows up in sysctl
relating to frequency levels, p4tcc, or throttling.  :(  Doesn't matter
if acpi_perf or cpufreq is installed or not.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]