Date:      12 Mar 2002 12:36:26 -0600
From:      "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers@umn.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help... print services are messed up

I am having trouble with my print services. I'm running printing through
apsfilter on a pcl printer. Yesterday it got bogged down with a printjob
(only half of which was printed this moring), so I lprm ed the job. Now
I can't print anything... not even #lptest 20 5 | lpr.

My lp-errs log says: Mar 12 12:27:16 lorax lpd[1086]: lp: job could not
be printed (cfA022lorax.forestry.umn.edu)

I have:
lpc clean all
lpc enable all
lpc restart all

and restartd the daemon wth lpd.

I was wondering if the following was normal for lpc restart all:

lorax# lpc restart all
lp:
        no daemon to abort
lp:
        daemon started

shouldn't there be a daemon to stop then restart if lpd is running
(which top says it is).

Any thoughts are appreciated...

Kirk

--
*NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS*

Kirk R. Wythers				email: kwythers@umn.edu
University of Minnesota			tel: 612.625.2261
Department of Forest Resources		fax: 612.625.5212
Saint Paul, MN 55108