Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:00:12 +0900
From:      Rob <stopspam@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT ignored by recent kernel/world?

JJB wrote:
> Adding an "logamount" option to each logging rules would be to "long
> way work around".
> Adding net.inet.ip.fw.verbose_limit=100 to /etc/sysctl.conf would be
> the short way.

You're right with IPFW, but you missed Dan Pelleg's note that this seems
not to work with IPFW2; for some reason IPFW2 ignores the verbose_limit
setting in the kernel and defaults to "net.inet.ip.fw.verbose_limit=0"
when logamount is not there; so unlimited logging.

Adding logamount explicitly with each log rule, will work around this
bug for the moment.

NOTE: it only seems to affect IPFW2.

Rob.