Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:29:54 -0400
From:      "Matthew K. Cowger" <mcowger@bowdoin.edu>
To:        Luiz Emerson <forkbsd@yahoo.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel

Luiz,

I'm not sure If I understand your question, but here's what I think you
are asking:

"Can I upgrade the kernel, like in linux?"

If so, the answer is an emphatic yes!  While the actual procedure is
different than that for linux (easier, in fact), it can be done quite
simply: look at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html

for more info.

Good luck