Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 11:21:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Roderick van Domburg <gog@gamepoint.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: updating with cvsup, buildworld, etc.

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Matt Bedynek wrote:

> I run 8 freebsd boxes and I'm thinking of syncing the src's on one
> and mount via NFS to share that to the others.  I would like to hear
> what others here have done to simlify a task such as this.

Actually, if you were planning on using NFS for such a task, you could
have the NFS server build the world and then have all of the NFS clients
simply install it. That would be even more efficient than having the
different boxes build their worlds individually.

The above assuming that the boxes share a compatible architecture, of
course.

--
Roderick 'GoG' van Domburg - ICQ UIN 7798700
GamePoint - The Dutch On-Line Gaming Company