Date:      Sun, 20 May 2007 21:30:55 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dag-Erling =?utf-8?q?Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Subject:   Re: strange "Exec format error" (gcc4.2 suspicious)

Am Sonntag, 20. Mai 2007 schrieb Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav:
> Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de> writes:
> > I compiled samba on a fresh -current and I'm seeing strange errors.
> > When I try to execute 'net' I get this error:
> > /usr/local/bin/net: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.
>
> If you're running amd64, there was briefly a bug that caused the 32-bit

It was my very first thought too, but it's i386. It's a xeon 3050 (core2, t=
hus=20
EM64-T) processor but world alwys was i386 and also is for that jail.
Could it be possible that there's any runtime detection which made me 64-bi=
t=20
binaries on a 32-bit base system?

Thanks,

=2DHarry

> version of the threads library to be installed in place of the 64-bit
> version.
>
> DES

=2D-=20
OmniSEC  -  UNIX und Windows Netzwerke - Sicher
Harald Schmalzbauer
=46lintsbacher Str. 3
80686 M=C3=BCnchen
+49 (0) 89 18947781