Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:37:20 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Anish Mistry <amistry@am-productions.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DVB-S under FreeBSD

Anish Mistry wrote this message on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 01:04 -0400:
> On Sunday 10 September 2006 21:13, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> > On Sunday, 10 September 2006 at 20:09:06 +0300, Konstantin Dimitrov
> wrote:
> > > are there any work in that direction - support for DVB-S cards
> > > under FreeBSD?
> >
> > Not that I know of, but I'll be looking at the responses very
> > carefully.
> >
> > > it would be great to be able to watch digital TV broadcasts under
> > > FreeBSD.
> >
> > Agreed.  That can be DVB-C or DVB-T as well, of course; I'm
> > currently interested in DVB-T.  I've been trying to set up a Linux
> > machine with a DViCO Fusion HDTV card, and it would be nice to have
> > more control. I'm thinking of writing a driver for it, but I don't
> > know if I have the time.  If anybody's interested in collaborating,
> > please let me know.
> I'm working on the DViCO FusionHDTV 5 USB.  I'm still waiting on the
> tuner and demodulator docs from DViCO.  Once I have that it shouldn't

Good luck, I haven't gotten anything out of DViCO.. They say they will
get you the docs but it just never happens...

> be too long before I release a driver.  Currently with the docs that
> I have been provided I can upload the firmware, turn on and off the
> device, and read the remote control buttons.
> If someone would like to document the lgdt3302 / lgdt3303 ATSC VSB/QAM
> demodulator and the lg-h06xf tuner from the Linux source that would
> help since I don't know when I'm going to get that information from
> DViCO.  And currently I don't have the time to try to understand the
> Linux sources, though that's probably what I'm going to end up doing.

Just look at the bktrau stuff I have in perforce.. I've posted to this
list before.. It programs the lgdt3303 and a TUA6034 for tuning...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579