Date:      Thu, 6 May 2004 01:40:03 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        ?? ?? <xuhainanjing@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: please give me some advice

--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X

?? ?? wrote:
>    I am a novice to unix,I am going to install it on my computer ,but I=
=20
> encounter a problem,so I report it to you,and I will be very thankful if=
=20
> you can give me some advice!!!
>    I have installed windows2000 on my computer,I make two boot flopy=20
> disks,and copy the files needed for the installation of the freebsd OS to=
=20
> c:\freebsd.but in the process of installation,the system pop up a=20
> error:error mounting dev/ad0s1 on /dist: no such file or directory.

=46rom where exactly did you try to install FreeBSD? From a windows 2000
partition? I am afraid, but that won't work, even with boot floppies.

You have two options: Either get a cdrom and install from there, or do a
network installation via ftp. More information is found here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

Simon

--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X

--54u2kuW9sGWg/X+X--