Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:47:08 -0500
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD v Linux

And herein lies my point.  It starts getting quite complicated
and beyond your advanced database programmer/part-time Unix
guy.  Which brings us back to, where?  A native FreeBSD Oracle
vs. an Oracle supported Linux distribution for BSD?

I'm for official support of either flavor.  Something that I
can take to a client and say, "Here, we'll set you up on a
Unix box running Sybase ASE 12.x and it'll be one screaming
database server."  And neither the client, nor Sybase cares
that it's FreeBSD, it just works.

Thanks for the discussion Mike,

Doug