Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:04:34 -0500
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bill Maniatty <maniattb@cs.rpi.edu>, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, maniatty@cs.albany.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: Learning the FreeBSD Kernel

Mike Smith wrote:

> Writing documentation is a resource-sucking nuisance; supporting outdated
> documentation even more so.  The BSD driver model is sufficiently simple

I think that there might be a compromise
solution: when someone learns the interface
from analysing the code he might as well document
his findings in some way for others to read.
This would require minor additional effort.
I'm going to try this with CAM in a few weeks
and see whether this idea is viable.

-SB