Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:27:58 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Translation of "High points"

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 11:22:27PM +0900, Jun Kuriyama wrote:

> I'm reviewing Japanese Handbook to fix something missed at DocBook
> transition.  I found a paragraph which I cannot understand.  Could
> someone teach the meaning of that?
>
> ----- doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/eresources/chapter.sgml
>       <para>Again, we would like to request that you keep discussion in the
> 	technical mailing lists on a technical track. If you are only
> 	interested in the &ldquo;high points&rdquo; then it is suggested that
> 	you join freebsd-announce, which is intended only for infrequent
> 	traffic.</para>
> -----
>
> What the meaning of "high points" in this paragraph?
Hi!

Although my mother tongue is not English either but I think it means: if you
are only interested in the important events of FreeBSD development, you
should subscribe to -announce because they are announced there anyway. It is
for people who write in with occasional questions like "when will the new
release be ready please?" to technical lists disturbing conversation.

Best regards!

Szilveszter ADAM
from Hungary