Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:31:22 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?B?Sm9lbCBCavZyaw==?= <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        "Hank Willenbring" <hcwillenbring@west.rsc.raytheon.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SV: Install FreeBSD 3.2 wipes out Win95 boot mgr (bug??) :|

<snip>=20
> Is there a way that I can recover the MBR so that I can bring =
Windows95
> back up??   I looked at the "disklabel" utility and it is not obvious
> that it will work for Windows95.  If you have any suggestions, you can
> save me alot of pain of re-installing Win95 (not to mention my wife =
will
> be _much_ happier if she can get back to using her Win95 applications
> soon!!).
>=20
> New to the FreeBSD community but a long time Unix hacker.
>=20
> Thanks, Hank.

boot with your win95 disk and enter the following at the prompt:

fdisk /mbr

You should now be able to boot to win95.

You will however not have the option to boot in to FreeBSD.
There is a bootmanager in the tools directory called osbsbeta.exe that =
you can install from windows that will work on multiple IDE disks and =
worked very well for me. Do not forget to backup your MBR, it is still =
in beta.

Joel