Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 1997 19:17:49 +1100
From:      Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
To:        obrien@nuxi.com (David O'Brien)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI disk MEDIUM ERROR with a few twists

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:45:46 -0800  David O'Brien wrote:

> I've got two ufs tools I got from some list (probably this one) that
> Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> posted.

Hmm.  I'm not sure these are generally useful enough to warrant any
more effort than leaving them in the mail archive.

Further, I just checked the 'icat' program -- which is by Tom
Christiansen <tom@mox.perl.com> and found it doesn't have an explicit
copyright in it.  I think Tom should be contacted before it gets added
to any source trees.

(As an aside, Tom has had lots of his perl writings ripped off and
used commercially in books without his consent, so copyright is a
sensitive topic with him right now!)

Leaving the code in the mailing list archives is presumably harmless,
since it can already be found in deja news.  A pity I didn't see that
it didn't have Tom's name in it when I posted it.

Regards,

Giles