Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:23:49 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   7.2 burncd and cdrecord problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my CD drive to work without so much success.
Reading is fine, but when I try to burn a CD I get errors in dmesg.

Using cdrecord -blank=fast dev=3,0,0 I get:

[...]
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-ROM driver (mmc_cd).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 18 in real BLANK mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
This drive or media does not support the 'BLANK media' command
cdrecord: Cannot blank disk, aborting.
cdrecord: Some drives do not support all blank types.
cdrecord: Try again with cdrecord blank=all.

And dmesg shows:
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BUFFER ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00
acd0: FAILURE - MODE_SELECT_BIG ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x26 ascq=0x00

Using burncd blank I get:

burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCBLANK): Input/output error

and in dmesg:

acd0: FAILURE - BLANK_CMD ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x30 ascq=0x05

The drive works perfectly with other OS, so I don't think the hardware
is the problem.

The device is identified as:
acd0: DVDR <TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N/0208> at ata3-master SATA150

I have scbus, atapicd and atapicam in my kernel configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.