Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 12:21:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        apina@infolink.com.br (Antonio Carlos Pina)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world on 4.2-R breaking

As I recall, Antonio Carlos Pina wrote:
> Let me try again ;-) Since I don't know what is "signal 4"...

If you look in /usr/include/sys/signal.h, you'll see that signal 4
is caused when your CPU encounters an illegal instruction.  Which
would most likely be caused by memory corruption, or a faulty
processor.

If there =were= a software problem, it would have to be the compiler
(assembler, actually) generating bad data.  But many thousands of
folks are using that compiler/assembler successfully, which is why
folks here are suggesting it is a problem with your system.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net