Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 18:40:51 -0500
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@csrlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   X problems

Hi,
I have had freebsd 2.2.2 runing fine on my machine with Accel X 3.1 for about
a month.
I decided to do a clean install of 2.2.5 since I did not have alot of stuff in
2.2.2 setup yet.
I got through the install of both 2.2.5 nad my accel X 3.1 fine.
When I try to start x with the command startx it crashes and gives me two
error messages.
Failed to set default font path
Could not open default font 'fixed'
I have tried installing it several times and even installed everything once
with the thought that I might have been leaving something out.
It still did not work.
I went back and installed 2.2.2 again and x worked fine with Accel v3.1.
This is extremely frustrating.
Can anyone lend a hand?
Thanks Alot

--