Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 18:58:55 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CCD's - real concatenation?

On Wed,  8 April 1998 at 10:21:23 +0100, Karl Pielorz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know if you can use CCD to serially concatenate disks of
> differing sizes / types? (e.g. a 4.5gb IDE and a 2gb SCSI?)

Yes.  You can't.  You could, however, concatenate partitions of the
same size on the two disks.  My vinum driver (yes, I know, you're
waiting to test it) will be able to do it, but not in the first
release.

> Or whether you can CCD' an allready CCD'd array?

It might be possible, I'd strongly discourage the idea.  What would
you want to do that for?

Greg